YoungConciousâ„¢

Be Updated on the World of Sports, latest News and Entertainment Stories.

Propellerads

Breaking News

Translate

Welcome to Young concious .blogspot.com ==>>Feel free to leave your comment

Alhamisi, 27 Juni 2013

will.i.am Sues Pharrell Williams Over Use of 'I AM' Trademark

The '#willpower' artist has filed a copyright
lawsuit against the N.E.R.D vocalist over his 'i
am OTHER' brand. Black Eyed Peas '
leader will.i.am is suing fellow
artist Pharrell Williams over his
use of the
former's "I AM" trademark
on the latter's "i am OTHER" brand. The
"Scream & Shout" artist claims that he owns
the copyright to the phrase "I AM" and
Williams' creative brand dilutes his ownership
of the "I AM" and "WILL.I.AM" marks.
will.i.am further claims that Williams' "i am
OTHER" logo is "confusingly similar" to his
own "I AM " logo. The record producer
established the "i am OTHER" as a "creative
venture and way of life," with brands such as
Billionaire Boys Club & ICECREAM and
Brooklyn Machine Works aimed to find a
diverse group of talented individuals and
promote them online.
Williams quickly addressed the lawsuit in a
statement, saying, "I am disappointed that will,
a fellow artist, would file a case against me. I
am someone who likes to talk things out and,
in fact, I attempted to do just that on many
occasions." He reveals, "I am surprised in how
this is being handled and I am confident that
will's trademark claims will ultimately be found
to be as meritless and ridiculous as I do."
will.i.am is no stranger to copyright
infringement as he himself is facing allegations
of song theft made by producers Arty and Mat
Zo, who claim the 38-year-old songwriter/
producer ripped off their dance track
"Rebound" to come up with his "Let's Go"
collaboration track with Chris Brown .

Hakuna maoni:

Chapisha Maoni

Propellerads