YoungConciousâ„¢

Be Updated on the World of Sports, latest News and Entertainment Stories.

Propellerads

Breaking News

Translate

Welcome to Young concious .blogspot.com ==>>Feel free to leave your comment

Jumatatu, 29 Julai 2013

Artist of the Week: Robin Thicke

Having his hit single topping the Billboard 100
for seven weeks in a row, the 'Blurred Lines'
singer will release his new album on July 30.
Robin Thicke has
been stealing the
spotlight with his
hit single,
"Blurred Lines".
Regardless of
being slammed
for its
misogynistic
lyrics and
demeaning music
video, the
Pharrell Williams
and T.I. -assisted
catchy single is
currently
spending its seventh consecutive week at
Billboard 100's No. 1, marking the longest-
running chart-topping hit of the year.
"We're very excited. I just wanted to make a
fun, silly video because I hadn't made one of
those," Thicke said of his controversial video in
a recent interview with TIME. "And [director]
Diane Martel, who I've known for 10 years,
just kind of wanted to show a different side of
me than I had shown, which is exactly what I
wanted to do, and I just put my trust in her
hands."
Thicke revealed that they made the clothed and
the nude versions of the video. He said, "I
loved the clothed version, and the nude
version I thought maybe was a little too much.
The gentleman in me wasn't sure that it was
necessary."
However, he and wife Paula Patton had
different opinions about it. Thicke continued,
"Then I showed it to my wife and all of her
friends and everyone's immediate response
seemed to be 'This is amazing. You have to put
this out.' "
Thicke will release his new album, "Blurred
Lines ", on July 30. The album, which marks his
sixth LP, will feature a song he co-wrote with
his dad, "Growing Pain" actor Alan Thicke. "My
dad has always been one of my best friends
and Mr. Cool. He never stops creating and
writing and stuff like that," Thicke gushed.
"He was working with my production partner
on just a couple song ideas he was trying to
flesh out for a musical that he's helping write ,
and I happened to be finishing a couple songs
there that day," he explained how he worked
with his dad in the song.
"I came to the studio and I was, like, hold on
Dad, I have to put a couple ideas down for this
song I'm writing. And then he started throwing
out some words to me, and I was, like, that's
really good, Dad, I'm going to use that. After a
while, we ended up writing pretty much all the
verses together," he added.

Hakuna maoni:

Chapisha Maoni

Propellerads